Selected as one of only three Leaders in evaluation of 13 top cybersecurity vendors
Bitdefender, a global cybersecurity leader protecting over 500 million systems in 150 countries, has been named a Leader in independent research and advisory firm Forrester’s "The Forrester Wave™: Cloud Workload Security (CWS), Q4 2019" report.
"The Forrester Wave™: Cloud Workload Security, Q4 2019" marks the first wave evaluation of CWS providers by a preeminent global analyst firm. Of the 13 vendors evaluated, Bitdefender was selected as one of only three Leaders in the evaluation. Rankings were based on a rigorous 30-criterion evaluation of vendors’ current offerings, strategy, and market presence.
“Bitdefender excels in database, user, and agent rollout management,” said the Forrester report. “Bitdefender builds on its malware, memory, and hypervisor protection/introspection legacy to craft a broad CWS solution… The solution is a match for organizations requiring very strong hypervisor control capabilities in hybrid clouds.”
Bitdefender’s Top performing categories:
- Security capabilities: HyperDetect, Bitdefender’s custom-tunable machine learning engine for threat detection, patch management, and unique capabilities enabled by Bitdefender Hypervisor Introspection, in our opinion, helped us earn the top marks possible in the criteria of:
- operating system-level workload protection
- scalability: protected hypervisors
- hypervisor protection
- Management simplicity and usability: We believe our extensive configuration capabilities for setting up back-end data stores, usable bulk rollout mechanism, configurable malware protection, and binary privilege escalation control, led to the highest scores possible in the criteria of:
- setup, configuration, and data integration
- context-sensitive help
- navigation, integrated environment
- Strategy: We believe Bitdefender’s plans to expand the range of capabilities in the software-as-a-service version of GravityZone; improve attack detection and response for Linux systems; and release container protection modules, including image scanning and configuration drift/anomaly detection contributed to top possible scores in the criteria of:
- centralized agent framework plans
- hypervisor protection plans
- services and partners
The report also stated that Bitdefender’s solution offers very strong hypervisor introspection capabilities and good API-based policy management as well as configurable dashboards. Bitdefender has integration partnerships with leading hybrid cloud platforms including AWS, Azure, Pivotal, VMware, Nutanix, and Citrix.
"We believe this recognition validates both the acuteness of Bitdefender’s strategic vision and the strength of its current CWS offering," said Gavin Hill, Vice President, Datacenter and Network Security at Bitdefender. “Bitdefender solutions’ security capabilities, management simplicity, and unique hypervisor-level protection helps businesses, non-profit organizations, and governments worldwide protect servers and virtual desktops wherever in the cloud they operate.”
To view a copy of the report available to Forrester subscribers or for purchase, visit https://businessresources.bitdefender.com/forrester-wave-cloud-workload-security-2019